Beat the traffic and ride your bike to Balloon Fiesta! Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta has created a Bike Valet service where you can ride in and enjoy Fiesta, while missing out on the traffic. So, avoid the congestion, take two wheels instead of four!
The bike trail runs along the AMAFCA North Diversion Channel, crosses underneath Paseo del Norte and Alameda Blvd. continuing north where it crosses from the west side to the east, ending just north of the Balloon Museum. Here you will find the Bike Valet, staffed by local bicycle group volunteers.
These helpful volunteers have a two-part ticket system with one half going to the rider while the other half is securely attached to the bike. The Bike Valet provides a safe and secure location for bicycle storage, allowing you to enjoy Balloon Fiesta worry-free. Simply present your half of your valet ticket to retrieve your bike.
Bike Valet Hours of Operation
- Morning Sessions 4:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Evening Sessions 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Things to Know
- Bikes not picked up from the bike valet area will be removed and stored. The bike owner will have to call the Balloon Fiesta main line at 505-821-1000 to arrange pick up.
- Bike Valet Information - https://balloonfiesta.com/bike-valet
- How to Get Here - https://balloonfiesta.com/maps-directions
- City of Albuquerque Bicycle Safety and Interactive Bike Map - https://www.cabq.gov/parksandrecreation/recreation/bike/bicycling
- Bike Valet is provided as a free service to promote bicycling to the Balloon Fiesta.
- Please remember, when you ride to the morning sessions you will be arriving in the dark as well as when you leave the evening sessions. Headlights, taillights, and rear reflectors are a must, and above all wear a helmet.
For more info contact Frank Bouchier, Bike Valet Navigator Coordinator - email@example.com