2023 Photographer Application
Interested in being an official photographer for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta? Read the expectations below and be ready to apply for 2023 when the window reopens.
Applications open March 1, 2023 - Applications close April 15, 2023
Have questions? Contact Ken Tuley firstname.lastname@example.org
AIBF desires photographers to take high-quality photographs and videos before and during Balloon Fiesta October 7 – October 15, 2023, to meet AIBF’s needs for web, video and high-quality print, promotional, marketing, documentation, and training use.
Note, it is desired to have some photographers on site starting Thursday, Oct 6, 2023.
- Photographs must be 300 DPI or greater. Videos must be 1080p or higher. More details on the format, resolution, etc of the photographs will be provided to those selected for the team.
- Photographer acknowledges that photographs/videos may be used in merchandise photo products (such as calendars, photo books, and magnets).
- Photographer acknowledges that photographs/videos may be used in promotional and training videos published worldwide.
- Photographers retain copyright to all photos and videos and grant non-exclusive and unlimited usage rights to AIBF.
Expectations of all photographers
- The photographer agrees to provide no less than 25 usable, high-quality photographs of each assignment per session assigned to the photographer.
- The photographer shall title each photograph/video using the designated AIBF naming convention.
- Photographer shall upload the photographs/video into designated AIBF online folders no later than November 5, 2023.
- Photographers should plan for this short window to complete the processing, naming, and uploading of all photos and videos. In addition, it is expected that processing, naming, and uploading will occur during Balloon Fiesta to avoid a last-minute crunch of work and uploads.
By submitting an application you certify that you have the capacity to meet this deadline.
- The photographer understands and agrees to conduct all activities in a safe, legal, and businesslike manner.
- The photographer agrees to arrive at the assigned locations in a timely manner to allow for the best shots possible.
- Photographer agrees to transmit to and notify the Photographer Coordinator any “news-worthy” photographs/videos within 3 hours of it being taken.
- Photographers are responsible for all travel, lodging, and other expenses. Your lodging should be booked immediately upon acceptance of the position.
Two types of positions are available. Paid and Navigator
All photographers will receive a Navigator pack which includes admission, a parking pass, a jacket, and other items.
- The photographer will be onsite for all 14 sessions, in addition to other assigned activities.
- The photographer will receive admission to sponsor hospitality in addition to monetary compensation and a Navigator pack
Navigator (Volunteer) photographers
- The photographer will be onsite for a minimum of 5 sessions and must complete all assigned tasks
- The photographer will receive all standard Navigator benefits including access to Navigator Hospitality.