Inside the Basket - Eldita Garcia, Balloon Fiesta Guest
Eldita Garcia was a first-time guesta at the 51st Balloon Fiesta.
In this month’s Inside the Basket, she shares more about her experience, the memories that she made with her daughter and favorite tips for other’s planning to attend the event.
1. Give a brief overview of yourself and how you came to attend the 51stBalloon Fiesta.
I am a Cuban-American woman from Fort Lauderdale, FL. I love to travel!!! Attending Balloon Fiesta and riding in a hot air balloon has been on my bucket list for 10 years! This year the stars aligned perfectly with the Fiesta schedule, my daughter’s rotation schedule and my schedule… so here we are!
2. What was your favorite part about attending Balloon Fiesta?
Definitely not the early mornings LOL My favorite parts were interacting with the balloon crews as each balloon came to life, as well as experiencing the Night Glow in the Gondola Club! The parachuters’ performance and the drone show were over the top! It’s obviously very hard to choose a favorite!!!
3. Who did you attend Balloon Fiesta with and what was it like sharing this experience with them?
I attended Balloon Fiesta with my daughter who is currently in medical school in West Virginia. This made the event even more special as we were both attending for the first time and have amazing memories and photos to cherish for a lifetime!
4. Of the many balloons at Balloon Fiesta, which was your favorite?
There are quite a few balloons that I loved! My absolute favorites were Airabelle the Cow, the Cactus and the Patriotic Eagle balloons!
What tips do you have for first-time guests, planning to attend the 52nd Balloon Fiesta?
My tips for first-timers are to:
- Bring a warm coat, hat and gloves.
- Book the closest hotel you can to Balloon Fiesta Park
- Book the Gondola Club, if you can, at least once!
Use this back button to return to the full list. If you want to preserve your filtered list, use your browser's back button and resubmit the form.