Inside the Basket - Faith Taylor, Balloon Fiesta Guest
We welcomed hundreds of thousands of guests to Balloon Fiesta Park this year, some who were event veterans and others who were visiting us for the first time. It’s our hope that, whether new or returning, every guest has a magical visit.
In this month’s Inside the Basket, we get to hear from first-time Balloon Fiesta guest Faith Taylor from Phoenix, Arizona.
1. Give a brief overview of yourself and how you came to attend the 51st Balloon Fiesta.
I am someone who loves to see new things and visit new places! It had been on my bucket list to attend the largest balloon event in the world. Being from Arizona, it's not too far of a trip and, after hearing so many great things about the Balloon Fiesta, I decided it was time I experienced it for myself. And what better way to do so than to attend while the solar clipse was also going to take place!
2. What was your favorite part about attending Balloon Fiesta?
It is hard to choose, as there were so many great things about the Ballon Fiesta! One thing that amazed me was seeing all the folks who woke up before sunrise to attend. The crowd was filled with families, travelers, Ballon Fiesta vets, and newcomers. One of the greatest things about Balloon Fiesta is there is something for everyone. I loved that the balloon crews had cards for their balloons, so you could collect your favorites. There were lots of food options, and I highly recommend Tom's Thumb mini donuts!
Nothing could beat the view of the sunrise and all the balloons taking off – it was incredible to watch! I was there for the solar eclipse, and a lot was done to honor this event as well. People from NASA and other knowledgeable folks were brought in to speak to the crowd. The Fiesta truly seemed to be focused on those attending the event, hoping to provide the best experience.
3. Who attended Balloon Fiesta with you, and what was it like sharing this experience with them?
I attended the Balloon Fiesta with my college roommates. Sharing this experience with them was so memorable. It felt like we were kids again as we ran to our favorite balloons and tried to get pictures with them while collecting a few balloon cards along the way!
4. Of the many balloons at Balloon Fiesta, which was your favorite?
My favorite balloon was the Pink Princess Elephant!!! I believe the name was "Princess Nelly."
Pink is my favorite color, elephants are my favorite animal, and my family would say I'm the Princess (only because I am the only girl)… this balloon was made for me!
5. What tips do you have for first-time guests planning to attend the 52nd Balloon Fiesta?
- Wear layers! It is cold in the morning but warms up as the day goes on.
- Talk to the balloon crews. It can be so fun hearing about the balloon's story and the pilot's background. You never know what you might learn!
- Take lots of pics!
- Wake up & get there early. There is a drone show before the sunrise, which was super cool to watch!
- Check out the shops. The Balloon Fiesta merch is so fun to look through, and there are lots of options. It was fun to walk through the other shops as well. It is fun to buy something to remember this event!
- Wear good shoes. There will likely be a bit of walking around the park. I recommend wearing shoes that will be comfy for that time.
Use this back button to return to the full list. If you want to preserve your filtered list, use your browser's back button and resubmit the form.