Inside the Basket - Sean Wallace, Balloon Fiesta Public Safety Director
Sean Wallace is Balloon Fiesta’s Public Safety Director.
In this month’s Inside the Basket, he shares the most difficult part of his job, tips for safely attending Balloon Fiesta and how those looking to get involved, can.
1. Give a brief overview of your position with Balloon Fiesta.
My job as the Director of Public Safety is to direct and manage all law enforcement, security, and medical resources on-site to provide a safe and secure environment for all pilots, concessionaires, staff, and guests.
2. What is the most difficult aspect of your position?
The most difficult part of my position is my phone never stops ringing. Public Safety never stops and that’s ok. I want to make sure guests have a good time out here, and feel safe while they’re here.
3. What is your favorite balloon at Balloon Fiesta?
It is the special shapes. Whether they are flying or just inflated for the glow, they are a sight to see.
4. What three safety tips do you have for guests planning to attend the 50th Balloon Fiesta?
1. Go early and give yourself plenty of time to get to the park. 2. Get the Official Balloon Fiesta App for your phone because we will update that with any pertinent information. 3. Make sure you go to the Tag your Tots booth if you have kids.
5. The Public Safety team is now accepting applications for Public Safety Officers. What does this position entail and how can those who are interested in applying, do so?
Public Safety Officers are the line officers who patrol, provide access control, and manage the metal detectors. It is a very rewarding position. You can apply online.
To apply, click here: https://balloonfiesta.com/Public-Safety
Use this back button to return to the full list. If you want to preserve your filtered list, use your browser's back button and resubmit the form.