Inside the Basket - Joanne Sears, Balloon Fiesta Navigator
August 31, 2023
Joanne Sears is a first-year Balloon Fiesta Navigator who is helping answer guest questions at Balloon Fiesta’s front desk.
In this month’s Inside the Basket, she provides insight on the top questions asked by guests, how she became involved with Balloon Fiesta and her advice for first-time guests.
1. Give a brief overview of your Balloon Fiesta role.
My role is a Balloon Fiesta Navigator which is providing guest services and administrative services before, during, and after Balloon Fiesta at the front desk under the supervision of Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (AIBF) Staff.
2. How did you become involved with Balloon Fiesta?
I have attended Balloon Fiesta and even crewed previously, but became involved with Balloon Fiesta as a Navigator through my sister who is part of the AIBF staff.
3. What is your favorite part about being involved at the front desk?
My favorite part is meeting and talking with people from all over the world, and hearing the excitement in those who are planning their first trip to Balloon Fiesta. In addition, I’m learning what goes on behind the scenes to make Balloon Fiesta so great.
4. What three questions do guests most frequently ask and what are the answers to those questions?
1. First. Where can they purchase tickets? The answer is: at our website balloonfiesta.com.
2. Second. When can they purchase RV space tickets? The answer is: RV ticket sales start in January and they sell out quickly.
3. Lastly. Which is better to attend a morning session or an evening one? The answer is either one. If you have the opportunity to attend both I highly recommend it. You won’t be disappointed.
5. What advice do you have for first-time Balloon Fiesta guests?
Dress in layers. The weather is cool in the mornings but can warm up a little as the sun comes out. Walk amongst the balloons and talk with the crews. Most of all have fun and take lots of pictures!
Categories: Inside the Basket