While Balloon Fiesta does not offer paid workamp positions, we have a team of RV volunteers who work additional hours and receive RV parking, hook-ups and other benefits when a certain level of volunteer hours is reached. If you're interested in our workamp positions, please read the following requirements.
- Workampers will be required to work 120 total hours per person, working 4-5 hours per day.
- Workampers will need to arrive on or around Labor Day and work through Balloon Fiesta for 2-3 days following the event.
- Workamper tasks involve physical labor, such as pulling weeds, moving stones and rocks, and picking up trash in order to prepare the RV lots for the event.
- During the event, workampers park arriving RVs from 8a-7p. Depending on how large the RV team is, the hours of parking may be split into shifts.
- Workampers must meet the basic Navigator training requirements, which consists of watching five videos, which each last less than 30 minutes. Each video is followed by a short quiz and you must receive passing grade of 80% or higher.
- Workampers who meet the above requirements will receive free RV parking with complete hook-ups for water and electricity.
- Workampers also receive full Navigator packs, which include:
- Admission into the 9-day event
- Access to the Navigator Hospitality Tent for meals and snacks
- The current year's Navigator shirt
- Invitations to a variety of Balloon Fiesta parties
- The current year's Navigator Outerwear Item
- The current year's Navigator lapel pin
- The current year's Official Event Program
- The current year's Official Calendar
If you are interested in being part of our RV Navigators team, please contact complete the Navigator Registration and indicate that you are interested in workamping. Please note that there are a limited number of positions on this team.
If you have questions about the workamp positions, please contact Jennifer Garcia, RV Manager, at .