Know Before You Go - COVID Information: Status Update, August 3, 2021
The 49th Balloon Fiesta will occur in 60 days, launching October 2-10
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is continuing its planning to launch the 49th Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta on October 2, 2021, without capacity restrictions. Based on the new State of New Mexico Public Health Order pertaining to COVID Safe Practices, the Balloon Fiesta is reviewing the public health order in detail with the board and staff. The board and staff has made some initial revisions and provide a full update in the coming weeks.The safety of everyone involved with our event (pilots, chase crew, guests, sponsors, media) continues to be our top priority.
Current COVID Safe Practices for the 49th Balloon Fiesta are listed below:
- In outdoor areas, we recommend guests who are not fully vaccinated wear masks if they are unable to social distance (roughly 6 feet or 2 meters).
- In indoor areas, the NM Public Health order that goes into effect August 20, 2021, requires all persons to wear masks.
- International visitation is dependent on current international travel regulations and mandates in the U.S. and individual countries of residence.
- Increased physical distancing will be encouraged in all areas.
- Wherever possible, ventilation will be increased in tents and indoor facilities.
- Along Main Street, where our concessions are located, guests will have cashless methods of payment available.
The next scheduled update will be posted on BalloonFiesta.com on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
- Balloon Fiesta: https://balloonfiesta.com
- Visit Albuquerque: https://www.visitalbuquerque.org
- New Mexico True: https://www.newmexico.org
Important Information about Balloon Fiesta Park during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
- To enter Balloon Fiesta Park, Guests (ages 13 and older) will need a valid ticket.
- Certain pass areas, souvenir tents, vendors (food and merchandise), attractions, experiences, and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, have limited capacity, and are subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
- Face coverings are required for guests indoors (buildings and tents), except when eating/drinking.
- All Guests utilizing Fiesta Express Park and Ride, regardless of vaccination status, will need to wear an appropriate face covering while on the bus transportation to and from the lot and the park.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer's mouth. These face coverings should:
- Be a fabric face-covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face-covering requirements listed above
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
Use this back button to return to the full list. If you want to preserve your filtered list, use your browser's back button and resubmit the form.