Important Updates for 2021 RV Reservations
Because of the rollovers from 2020 to 2021, RV spaces for 2021 will not go on sale this October. The waitlist for 2021 is not open at this time.
If any spaces remain after the 2020 rollovers and waitlist spots have been processed, any possible new reservations or additions to the waitlist for 2021 will be available here January 15, 2021. Stay tuned for more updates.
Balloon Fiesta guests who made a reservation for an RV space for 2020 and rolled over their reservation to 2021 or were placed on the waitlist for the 2020 event, please note the following updates for the 49th event:
- 2021 Reservation Confirmations - Confirmation numbers have changed. You will receive an email soon with your new confirmation number reflecting your new 2021 reservation information.
- Waitlist - The 2020 waitlist has also rolled over to become the 2021 waitlist. Once the existing reservation modification requests are complete, the 2021 waitlist will reopen for bookings. If a space becomes available you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that if you receive an email with information to book a space, you'll have 72 hours to reserve and pay for that space. If you do not reserve and pay for that space within the 72-hour window, you will lose your opportunity for that booking. Please keep an eye out for this possible communication and remember to check your junk/spam folders.
If you choose to place yourself on the waitlist, and space becomes available, you will receive an email stating that your space is available and you will have 72 hours to complete your purchase.
Until July 14th, refunds will be processed with a $10.00 fee for the President's Compound, Standard, Premium, VIP sites and Tent Camping. July 15th through August 31st a 50% refund will be given. Starting September 1st, no refunds will be given. We do not rollover paid reservations to the following year. We do not allow any changes or transfers of reservations after August 31st.
Any reservations issues will need to be emailed to RVSpace@balloonfiesta.com and they will be addressed in the order they are received.
TENT CAMPING: $35.00 per night (tent camping only)
STANDARD: $40.00 per night (dry camping in the South RV Lot)
BOX VIEW: $50.00 per night (dry camping in the South RV Lot)
PREMIUM: $95.00 per night (30Amp and water connection in the South RV Lot)
VIP West/East: $100.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 general admission passes included valid during your stay)
VIP North: $100.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 general admission passes included valid during your stay) Please note that this lot is in close proximtiy of the Fireworks and it will be loud.
PRESIDENT'S COMPOUND: $250.00 per night (Sites on a bluff overlooking the Launch Field with city water pressure and 30-50 Amp RV Hook-up, this site also includes 4 general admission passes to the Launch Field valid during your stay)
*Please keep in mind that we are a temporary facility that is set in place prior to the event opening. Placement among the RV park is at Balloon Fiesta’s discretion. We do "Rally Style" parking at all of our sites, which is first come, first served, parked as you arrive.
Additional RV Details
- All RV spaces must have prior reservations. Drive ups will not be accomodated. The RV facilities accept RVs with reservations starting the Monday prior to Balloon Fiesta.
- The nights of Monday through Thursday prior to the event are half price nights at the site in which you select.
- Check in hours prior to the event are 8:00AM to 6:45PM.
- Check in hours once the event begins are 12:00 NOON to 6:45PM each day. It is strongly recommended that you arrive before 3:00PM on days other than Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid heavy traffic congestion.
- If you arrive after 6:45PM to check in, you will be staged in line for parking the next morning. You will not receive a refund for that evenings stay. Due to safety concerns, we do not park after dark.
- Any arrivals prior to your reservation date will not be accomodated, as you must have a prior reservation for each night you are staying.
- Extensions to reservations will not be accomodated, as you must have a prior reservation for each night you are staying.
- Check out time is 11:00AM.
- The RV facilities close the Monday immediately following Balloon Fiesta.
- There is a 3rd party vendor available for pumping and fills at an additional cost per service; they only accept cash.
- Due to the postponement of the 2020 event, existing RV reservation holders and those on the waiting list are allowed to rollover for the 2021 event. Once the existing holdovers and rollovers are processed, any available RV spaces for the 2021 event will be available at a future, yet to be determined date. Please continue to check back to this website for updates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
TENT CAMPING: $35.00 per night (tent camping only)
STANDARD: $40.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)
BOX VIEW: $50.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)
PREMIUM: $95.00 per night (30Amp and water connection) (South RV Lot)
VIP West/East: $100.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 entry passes included valid during your stay.)
VIP North: Please note that this lot is in close proximtiy of the Fireworks and it will be loud. $100.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 general admission passes included valid during your stay.)
PRESIDENT'S COMPOUND: $250.00 per night (Sites on a bluff overlooking the Launch Field with city water pressure and 30-50 Amp RV Hook-up, this site also includes 4 entry passes to the Launch Field valid during your stay.)
*Please keep in mind that we are a temporary facility that is set in place prior to the event opening. Placement among the RV park is at Balloon Fiesta’s discretion. We do "Rally Style" parking at all of our sites. You will be parked as you arrive. If you have a reservation for 3 RV sites and only one person arrives, the other two will be parked upon arrival in any section available. If you do not arrive together you will not be parked next to one another.
If you are having trouble booking your reservations, please email for additional help, RVSpace@balloonfiesta.com
If you are using an APPLE based product, you may experience difficulties booking due to Safari settings. Please set your Safari settings to the lowest security, process the reservation, then reset Safari settings back to original configuration.
Up until July 14th refunds will be processed with a $10.00 fee. July 15th through August 31st a 50% refund will be given. After August 31st, no refunds will be given. We do not rollover paid reservations to the following year.
The waitlist is automated. Please log onto our RV site and place yourself on the waitlist as if you were making a reservation.
There are no split reservations allowed. We require a 3 night minimum and they must be booked consecutively.
Your receipt/confirmation email is all that is received before arrival. Nothing is mailed; you will receive a welcome bag upon check-in at the reservation booth.
Reservations for 2021 will open at a date yet to be determined. Please continue to check back to our website for additional information. Reservations are online only, and that even applies for groups.
Our spaces are 19 feet in width and 50 feet in depth. We do ask that you disconnect your tow vehicle prior to arrival at the reservation booth. This allows for us to park you quicker in your space.
All RVs are parked at AIBF’s discretion; requests can be made but are not guaranteed (*this applies to groups as well as individuals*)
If you want to be parked next to someone in particular, we ask that you both arrive together.
Check in time for reservations is 12 noon till approximately 7pm*, and check-out is 11am.
*We do not park after dark for safety purposes. If you arrive after 7pm, you will be parked the next morning at 8am.*
The only access to water when arriving is at our Standard/Premium lot. We do however have a 3rd party vendor who is onsite for water fills. There is a fee for the fill, please check with AAA about the price on the number of gallons you need.
No, however we have an on-site pumping service. This is a 3rd party vendor who will come to you and pump your tanks for you. There is a fee of $30.00 per pumping. Please check with the reservation booth/tent for additional details.
Yes, generators are allowed if they are not “Construction external generators.” We do ask that you abide by our quiet hours of 10pm to 5am, and that they be 2 feet off of the ground.
Not currently. We do not have a shower station or a place to shower.
Yes, there are portable toilets throughout the various RV sites for the guests use. We do ask that you do not throw any trash in the portable toilets, please.
NO Campfires/bonfires/or propane fire pits. If you are caught having a campfire/bonfire you will be asked to leave for violating the Rules and Regulations of the park.
Yes, pets are allowed. NM has a leash law, so please make sure that your pets are on a leash and more importantly, pick up after your pet.
No, Balloon Fiesta Park is a City of Albuquerque Park, in which dogs are not allowed. Dogs are not allowed at the park during Balloon Fiesta at any time.
Launch Field/Balloon Fiesta Park
No, Golf Carts/ATV are not allowed . Any RV guest found on the Launch Field with their own Golf Cart/ATV will cause you to be removed from the premises. This is an insurance and safety issue. We offer a shuttle service for you to and from the field.
You can ride your bike to the field, and park it with our free Bike Valet. Bikes are not allowed on the Balloon Launch field at any time. Bike Valet is located just north of the Balloon Museum.
There are wheelchairs and motorized scooters for rent on the field, near our South and North information booths.
The RV shuttle buses run all day when there are double events, they start at 4am and run until 10pm. There are 4 shuttle stops located in our Standard and Premium locations. There is handicap access for wheelchairs or scooters. These shuttles are free of charge. They will take you to and from the RV Park.
The balloon launch field opens at 4am and it is open till 10pm.
No, we never sell out of general admission tickets. You can purchase them at the gate for $10.00 per person per session. Children under 12 are free.
We call a session the events scheduled for the time of day. We have AM sessions and PM Sessions. All events during the AM session are included in your admission, as with the PM Sessions. The only event that is a separate charge is the MusicFiesta on the second Saturday of the event. MusicFiesta includes general admission for the evening and the Concert.
Upon check in you will be given a welcome pack with a map and contact information of all of the necessary places you may need on your visit.
The Rules and Regulations can be downloaded via a link above and it was sent to you at the time you made your reservation. You will also receive a copy upon check in. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com