Thursday, October 1, 2020 1000 hrs – 1900 hrs
Friday, October 2, 2020 1000 hrs – 1700 hrs
On these days, Registration will be held in the Sid Cutter Pilots' Pavilion, south of Launch Site E1.
- Only pre-registered pilots may complete registration and receive their pilot pack.
- Crew chiefs may not register for their pilot.
- Additional pilots may not register for Primary Pilots and Primary Pilots may not register for Additional Pilots.
No applications will be accepted at Registration.
LATE ARRIVAL REGISTRATION
If you do not complete registration by October 2:
- You may enter Balloon Fiesta Park with your balloon on your chase vehicle
without an Official Balloon Fiesta Vehicle Pass on the morning of Saturday, October 3 ONLY.
- You will not be allowed to fly until you have viewed the General Briefing/Safety
Video and completed registration at Pilot Headquarters in the Pilots’ Pavilion.
- You will not be allowed to complete registration after Saturday, October 3 at 1100 hrs. with the exception of Special Shape Rodeo Pilots.
SPECIAL SHAPE PILOT LATE REGISTRATION
- Special Shape Pilots can complete their Registration, in the Sid Cutter Pilots’ Pavilion with Jennifer Garcia, no later than 0445 hours prior to first flight.
- If you anticipate that you will need to arrive later, please coordinate a time for Wednesday, October 8 with Jennifer, there are events occurring in the Sid Cutter Pilots’ Pavilion on that day.
GENERAL BRIEFING/SAFETY VIDEO
The General Briefing/Safety video will be available for review online beginning Saturday, September 5 and will close on Sunday, September 20 at 11:59 PM MDT. Pilots will receive credit for viewing the video online with the successful completion of a test on the material covered in the video. The link for the video and test will be sent out with your launch letter on Friday, September 4, 2020.
The General Briefing/Safety Video will be shown every half hour starting at 1030 hours through 1830 hours, at Registration on Thursday, October 1, 2020. On Friday, October 2, 2020 the General Briefing/Safety Video will be shown every half hour starting at 1030 hours through 1600 hours.
It will also be available for viewing on Saturday, October 3 at 0445 and 1030 in the Sid Cutter Pilots’ Pavilion.
DAILY PILOT FLIGHT/WEATHER BRIEFING
- Pilot briefing MUST be attended each day you fly.
- Morning Briefings start at 0600 hrs.
- Located at the PILOT BRIEFING TOWER on the west side of Launch Field
LAUNCH SITE REQUESTS:
Every effort will be made to fill your request; changes will not be made after launch sites have been assigned.
- Requests for launch site positions should be noted on the Official Pilot Application Form.
- If you want to request to be in the same launch site as another pilot please indicate that pilot's name.
Be prepared to present the following upon request by the FAA or AIBF at any time.
- GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID
- PLASTIC PILOT CERTIFICATE
- PILOT LOGBOOK
- GOVERNMENT ISSUED AIRWORTHINESS CERTIFICATE
- AIRCRAFT LOGBOOK
- OPERATION MANUAL/AIRCRAFT LIMITATIONS
- GOVERNMENT ISSUED REGISTRATION
- SPECIAL FLIGHT AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENTS (FOREIGN-REGISTERED EXPERIMENTAL BALLOONS)