Know Before You Go - COVID Information: Status Update, July 2, 2021
July 2, 2021
The 49th Balloon Fiesta will occur in 91 days, launching October 2-10
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is excited to see the updated State of New Mexico Public Health Order pertaining to COVID Safe Practices. Previous restrictions have been lifted and New Mexico is, again, open for business. The public health order provides event organizers confidence in continuing to move forward with a full event, launching on October 2, 2021, without restrictions. However, with safety as a top priority for guests, listed below are the current COVID Safe Practices for the 49th Balloon Fiesta.
Balloon Fiesta will ask its guests who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or are sick, wear a mask while attending the event. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that travelers who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask and maintain physical distance when traveling.
Along Main Street, where our concessions are located, guests will have cashless methods of payment available.
On the 83-acre launch field, Balloon Fiesta encourages our guests to provide room for our balloons to layout and inflate and to space appropriate for your group and/or vaccination status.
Balloon Fiesta’s organizers are encouraged by the positive news concerning increased vaccinations and declining infection rates and are hopeful the numbers will continue to decline into October.
Executive Director Paul Smith and Director of Operations Sam Parks talk about the event and anticipated COVID Safe Practices in the Balloon Fiesta Podcast A View From Lift-Off Lane.
The next update will be posted on BalloonFiesta.com on Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
- Balloon Fiesta: https://balloonfiesta.com
- Visit Albuquerque: https://www.visitalbuquerque.org
- New Mexico True: https://www.newmexico.org
Important Information about Balloon Fiesta Park during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
- To enter Balloon Fiesta Park, Guests (ages 13 and older) will need a valid ticket.
- The State of New Mexico strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering Balloon Fiesta Park during the 2021 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
- Certain pass areas, souvenir tents, vendors (food and merchandise), attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, have limited capacity, and are subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
- Face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated Guests both indoors and outdoors. Guests (ages 2 and older) who are not fully vaccinated must continue wearing face coverings indoors, except when dining.
- All Guests utilizing Fiesta Express Park and Ride, regardless of vaccination status, will need to wear an appropriate face covering while on the bus transportation to and from the lot and the park.
Face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated Guests both indoors and outdoors. Guests (ages 2 and older) who are not fully vaccinated must continue wearing face coverings indoors, except when dining.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer's mouth. These face coverings should:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.