Volunteering at Balloon Fiesta®
Become a Balloon Fiesta Navigator!
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is looking for upbeat, enthusiastic, caring people to join our team of Navigators!
Balloon Fiesta is a large, complex event requiring more than 1,000 volunteers who help before, during, and after the event. These volunteers, called "Navigators," are critical to every area of operations. They provide guest services, administrative services, balloon coordination and safety, set-up and logistics, and more in more than 40 different areas. This variety of needs allows just about any person, with any skills, talents, or interests, to experience Balloon Fiesta from a new perspective
Learn more about volunteering at Balloon Fiesta at our "Volunteering FAQs."
Questions? Send us an email.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Navigator at Balloon Fiesta!
Balloon Fiesta contracts a number of local service organizations, such as the Civitans or Kiwanis, to manage areas such as parking lots, admission booths and merchandise sales. Those organizations then staff those areas with smaller organizations, who then receive a portion of sales proceeds from that area. This allows the smaller organization to fund-raise for various causes.
If your group is looking for fundraising opportunities, contact the Balloon Fiesta staff person listed below, and they will connect you with the appropriate management organization.
Admissions, parking and fee-for-parking
If your group would like to help in one of these areas, Amanda Brady, Transportation Manager, at (505) 821-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selling souvenir and glow products via roving carts. If your group would like to help in this area, contact Erica Hahn, Concessions Manager, at (505) 821-1000 or email@example.com.
- For other group inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chase Crew Registration
If you are interested in joining a chase crew for the 2022 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, please complete the Chase Crew Application beginning in July. Applications must be completed by August 31.
Many of our Navigators travel from out-of-state in their RV, and locals may request an RV space because of the hours they'll be volunteering. Therefore, Balloon Fiesta makes a limited number of RV spaces available to Navigators in trade for volunteer hours.
While Balloon Fiesta does not offer paid workamp positions, some Navigators volunteers who work additional hours may receive RV parking with hook-ups and other benefits when a certain level of volunteer hours is reached.
- Most workamp positions are allotted to the RV Team. Positions on the RV Team are limited and assignment must be approved by the RV Team Leaders.
- Workamper tasks may involve physical labor, such as pulling weeds, moving stones and rocks, and picking up trash to prepare the RV lots for the event.
- Workampers must meet the basic Navigator training requirements, which consists of watching five 30-minute (approximate) videos each followed by a short review.
While we would like to be able to accommodate all requests, we have a limited number of camping spots, and an even more limited quantity of premium campsites.
We will consider all requests that meet the following criteria:
- 40-50 hours volunteered per person in 1 calendar year = 1/2 off dry camping (Normally $40/night)
- 51-120 hours volunteered per person in 1 calendar year = free dry camping (Normally $40/night)
- 121+ hours volunteered per person in 1 calendar year = free premium camping (Normally $95/night)
Hours will be verified with your Team Leader and you may be required to track your hours electronically. Navigators must abide by all standard rules and regulations that apply to RV camping.
Note: Out-of-town and out-of-state Navigators are given preference when awarding RV spaces. Local Navigators will be assigned an RV space based on availability.
- Depending on the number of shifts and hours worked, Workampers who meet the above requirements may receive discounted or free RV parking.
Workampers also receive full Navigator packs, which include:
- Admission into the 9-day event
- Access to the Navigator Hospitality Tent for meals and snacks
- The current year's Navigator shirt
- Invitations to a variety of Balloon Fiesta parties
- The current year's Navigator Outerwear Item
- The current year's Navigator lapel pin
- The current year's Official Calendar
Questions? Email email@example.com.